BrambleCFD are looking to recruit a Graduate HPC Engineer to join our IT team. At Bramble, we build and maintain our own HPC with over 3000-cores of on-premise compute. We also manage cloud environments and provide technical support to customers who have purchased our hardware. Within this role you will be expected to undertake a broad range of tasks required to support all these aspects of business, including:
- Building and testing hardware
- Troubleshooting issues both in Linux and Windows
- Maintenance and monitoring of our on-premise HPC
- Supporting Employee IT needs
- Keep documentation and guides up to date
We’re currently based at our Brackley office, but by the end of the October will be moving to our brand new facility at Catesby Tunnel nestled in the Northamptonshire countryside. Our new facility is easily commutable from Warwick/Leamington Spa, Banbury and Daventry.
Our graduate salary is up to £25k depending on experience and benefits include 25-days annual leave plus Bank Holidays and a company pension scheme.
What we are looking for:
Above all things, we value logical thought, motivation and an eagerness to learn. As such, we’re not necessarily expecting you to have specific HPC experience, rather the willingness and aptitude to learn and evolve. Complete training will be provided in the administration of our HPC environment.
Our minimum requirements are:
- At least a 2.1 degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering or Physics
- An B grade or higher in maths at A-level
- The right to work in the UK
Desirable (but not essential) experience includes:
- Working in a Linux environment
- Experience building and maintaining your own computer.
- Use of AWS or other cloud compute environments
If you are interested in this role, please send us your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com