Bramble CFD are taking applications for a paid internship position for the 2022-23 academic year, starting in September. If you’re interested in software development, machine learning and optimisation, then please consider applying!
Bramble CFD provide cloud CFD services to customers at the highest levels of automotive, motorsport and sports science. Our platform allows users to run large numbers of simulations and quickly interrogate huge datasets. For next year’s internship, we’re looking for someone to help develop Bramble’s optimisation and machine learning capabilities so our users can get even more value from their simulations.
Specifically the role will focus on:
- Building on existing optimisation software in Python
- Developing frontend features to visualise results using Angular
- Documenting your code and creating user guides
The roll will be based at our brand new facility at Catesby Tunnel nestled in the Northamptonshire countryside. Our new facility is easily commutable from Warwick/Leamington Spa, Banbury and Daventry.
Our pro-rata internship salary is £14k and comes with 25-days annual leave plus Bank Holidays.
What we are looking for:
Above all things, we value logical thought, motivation and an eagerness to learn. As such, we’re not necessarily expecting you to have specific development experience, rather the willingness and aptitude to learn and evolve. Complete training will be provided.
Our minimum requirements are:
- On track for at least a 2.1 degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Maths or Physics
- A-grade (including equivalents) or higher in maths at A-level
- The right to work in the UK
Desirable (but not essential) experience includes:
- Coding experience, especially in Python and Angular
- Working in a Linux environment
- Version control using git
- Knowledge of optimisation techniques
If you are interested in this role, please send us your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org